Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome!

I have created this blog to archive the journey of our new business. A few months ago I decided to ReStore my mom's dinning room table. It was a standard pine claw foot table. For the folks who now me it really was not my style. Unknowingly that day ReClaimed and ReStored was started. I started reading blogs and surfing the net and feel in love with Restoring old dated furniture to something new and fresh. I love to go thrifting and find new treasures all the time. Before we new it our house started to look like Beverly Hillbillies had moved in. It seems like our whole family has gotten on board. People frequently call me and say they have found something or we drive by something and I beg Matt to stop! Just yesterday we were driving home from church and I saw a great dresser and two mirrors on the curb begging to be taken home. Matt being the AWESOME husband he is agreed to stop knocked on the door and asked was it meant to be taken. We loaded up the drawers so that it would not get taken while we went home to get the other truck. As soon as we got in the door he headed back out to start working on it and ReClaimed it as "his project". I can't wait to see what he does with it. It needs a little TLC but that's what ReClaim ReStore is all about. We hope to ReClaim and ReStore old furniture and make it new just like Jesus Christ has done for us. Our guiding verse is Psalm 23:3 He ReStores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake. Like old unwanted furniture we should have been left on the side of the road or in a musty store with no future. Through Christ our savior we were not. He, through his son ReClaimed us and ReStored us to make us new. I can't wait to see where this adventure take us it has already been a hot sweaty on but Sooooo much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment