Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mirror mirror on the wall


I am a little heart broken today! I was at one of the shops I frequent today. I had spotted this great antique dresser in PERFECT shape. I had a total lapse in judgement that day. It was raining cats and dogs and I had the baby with me. In a totally stupid decision I decided to not pick it up that day. I know you already know where the story is going. Today I go back and it's gone. I actually had called yesterday and the lady said it was gone. While I was out today I decided to see for myself. Note to self when you see something you love, buy it. Now my poor kitchen still does not have an island for the remodel. I had planned to by this dresser and put a granite top on it. Oh well, on to the next.

Today's trip was not all in vain however. We (my 20 month old and 7 month baby and I ) found a great mirror. It is a honkin piece. I think I almost gave myself a hernia getting it out of the car! I am stoked about it. I think it could go a few ways as far as color. I can see super shabby chic or really clean like a black. Either way it is such a sweet piece.

Back to Betsy for a second. Who knew she would be loved so much. I mean I love her but I didn't know how many others would. Betsy potentially found a home. I just need to take care of her single issue. Thanks for all of your support in our new venture!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love it!! And look at your cute self in the mirror! ;-)

    I hope you find a better dresser for your kitchen!

    Oh, and what kind of camera do you use? I'm searching for a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! Thank you! I have a cannon xs. I bought it about 4 or 5 months ago! I LOVE it! I kinda wish we had bought the xti (I think) it has a video option. However we have a flip so we don't really need that feature. Matt did a ton of research and got this one new on ebay for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score with the mirror. I HATE when I have second thoughts on furniture I passed up. Thanks for stopping by The Far Fifty. Looking forward to seeing some awesome pieces from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I've learned that lesson more times than I can count when it comes to homeschool curriculum, books, or kids stuff I find and think "well, maybe later..."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey it was a lesson learned NEVER again!!!

    ReplyDelete